Marcus here with a few updates moving forward to 2020.
I’m joining Web Imp
The biggest change is that I have joined Web Imp. Web Imp is an IT solutions firm that has won awards such as Singapore Outstanding Enterprise in 2015, and even Best Tech Company To Work For in 2019.
Web Imp has been a close working partner of SEOGoodGuys since 2014. When they have a client that needs SEO services, I will step in to help. When my clients need IT solutions, they are the first that I turn to.
Joining them, I will be taking on their digital marketing as an in-house marketer. I will also be taking on client-side SEO.
Why I’m making the change
I just needed the change.
I am given the opportunity to do 2 things.
- Given the reins to do digital marketing for a main business with long term aspirations. This really intrigued me, as now I’m not as limited to a defined scope and timeline. Now I’m able to put multi disciplinary strategies into play, with more creative freedom to get results.
- Build a new SEO (and potentially, a digital marketing) team from the ground up.
This is a change I felt I’ve needed for a long time. I needed the change in environment and a chance of even more growth. I’m looking forward to the new challenges and goals, and this might be the spark that has been missing for awhile now.
I’m looking forward to the next breakthrough in my career.
What happens to SEOGoodGuys?
First off, for my existing clients, business will go on as usual. There will be no changes to our prior contract agreements, and you don’t have to worry about work not being completed.
That being said, I will not be taking on any new clients until I have settled into my role in Web Imp. If you are keen on hiring an agency to handle your SEO, you can look towards Web Imp. We should be ready to do so in a few months time. I’ll be the main SEO guy there, so you’ll still be working with me if you go through Web Imp.
I might still take on clients as an independent consultant. The plans for this is still being formulated, and I will make another update once things have settled down. I want to make sure I am able to provide quality service even though I may not have the same freedom of time as before. If you are interested in working with a digital consultant, feel free to drop me a message.
I will still write content for this blog when I find the time to. It takes me weeks and even months to finish writing a new article nowadays. Check out the pieces I wrote this year:
- SEMrush Review: Is this the best marketing tool for One Person Marketing Teams?
- 36 Active Forums in Singapore 2019: Is it still worth doing forum posting?
- Why your ‘About Us’ Page is Important For SEO
It’s not the end for SEOGoodGuys!
As mentioned previously, I will still be working on content for SEOGoodGuys and will still be taking on clients as an independent consultant.
Joining Web Imp will give me chances to grow and be a better agency owner.
My most sincerest Thank You to:
- Partners who have trusted my work and chose to refer clients to me
- Clients whom I’ve had the pleasure of working with and making a difference to your business
- Readers who enjoyed my content
May all of you have a 2020 filled with growth and breakthroughs.